I may post here relevant (in my opinion), and not necessarily recent, quotes. Rather than analyzing specific investments, I will attempt to focus on investors' sentiment regarding broader asset classes and/or specific securities. These will be my thoughts/reactions/questions, and they are not and should not be taken as investment advice.

About me

In particular, I am interested in investors' sentiment and valuation levels. Disclaimer: I work at an Investment Management firm. My comments on this site are not posted in that role, and no opinions of mine should be construed to be recommendations of or to reflect the views of my employer.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Relative Cookies

"Over the past year, Ben Bernanke has pushed a monstrous sack of Chips Ahoys into the cafeteria. In terms of general price inflation, the question is how eager people are for those Chips Ahoys. If there is a crisis that makes people fear that everything else they might eat will give them food poisoning, the kid's Chips Ahoys will hold their value even if he brings in three times as many. But over time, well after the food poisoning scare is past, those cookies will be worth much less."
John P. Hussman