I may post here relevant (in my opinion), and not necessarily recent, quotes. Rather than analyzing specific investments, I will attempt to focus on investors' sentiment regarding broader asset classes and/or specific securities. These will be my thoughts/reactions/questions, and they are not and should not be taken as investment advice.

About me

In particular, I am interested in investors' sentiment and valuation levels. Disclaimer: I work at an Investment Management firm. My comments on this site are not posted in that role, and no opinions of mine should be construed to be recommendations of or to reflect the views of my employer.

Monday, May 31, 2010

USD, por favor

"Nouriel Roubini... said the Brazilian, Chinese and Indian economies may be overheating and developing asset bubbles."
via Bloomberg

"With excessive levels of debt and contractionary monetary and fiscal policies in place, inflation will continue to moderate, thereby driving long term treasury yields lower."

Van R. Hoisington
Lacy H. Hunt

When whatever is the "it" trade, I tend to have the urge to find out why it should not be. If shorting Treasuries is "it", why not spend some time in deliberation of the alternatives? What if BRICs do slow down for a while? What if hyperinflation does not happen? How much of the upside is left in gold?