I may post here relevant (in my opinion), and not necessarily recent, quotes. Rather than analyzing specific investments, I will attempt to focus on investors' sentiment regarding broader asset classes and/or specific securities. These will be my thoughts/reactions/questions, and they are not and should not be taken as investment advice.

About me

In particular, I am interested in investors' sentiment and valuation levels. Disclaimer: I work at an Investment Management firm. My comments on this site are not posted in that role, and no opinions of mine should be construed to be recommendations of or to reflect the views of my employer.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Not so fast

"The two month average of 298,500 homes sold was the lowest two-month level ever recorded. Sales of new homes are at 47-year lows, down 80% from the number being sold in 2004, and a wave of foreclosed homes will be hitting the market over coming months, giving new home sales even more competition. Foreclosures on mortgages backed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac increased 21% in June from May."

via Forbes

"The recession and shifting demographics will swell the ranks of people who will rent, not buy, housing over the next five years."

via Barron's

P.S. How about the swelling ranks of those who cannot afford renting, not to mention buying?