I may post here relevant (in my opinion), and not necessarily recent, quotes. Rather than analyzing specific investments, I will attempt to focus on investors' sentiment regarding broader asset classes and/or specific securities. These will be my thoughts/reactions/questions, and they are not and should not be taken as investment advice.

About me

In particular, I am interested in investors' sentiment and valuation levels. Disclaimer: I work at an Investment Management firm. My comments on this site are not posted in that role, and no opinions of mine should be construed to be recommendations of or to reflect the views of my employer.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sounds about right?

“Deflation is just a natural reaction to rampant debt-induced growth over the past 30 years. Forcing price to remain high by pumping money into the system will only delay the inevitable. There is no deflation cuz [sic] price is just beginning to go back to what it should have been. You shouldn’t have made as much you did back in 06, your house shouldn’t have been worth as much as the price when you bought it and everything around you should have been worth less, far less had the economy not been artificially propped by up the government during successive administrations starting with Reagan…”

An anonymous comment on WSJ