I may post here relevant (in my opinion), and not necessarily recent, quotes. Rather than analyzing specific investments, I will attempt to focus on investors' sentiment regarding broader asset classes and/or specific securities. These will be my thoughts/reactions/questions, and they are not and should not be taken as investment advice.

About me

In particular, I am interested in investors' sentiment and valuation levels. Disclaimer: I work at an Investment Management firm. My comments on this site are not posted in that role, and no opinions of mine should be construed to be recommendations of or to reflect the views of my employer.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

What's booming?

"Over the past 27 years, wholesale shipments for handguns, long guns and ammunition have increased at a combined compounded annualized growth rate (CAGR) of 5.5%. However, the CAGR has almost tripled to 15.1% during the past five years..."

via Barron's

Ok, Firearms: check. As we established in a recent post, Alcohol is doing well, too. What's left? I will do some research on Tobacco sales tomorrow. Forget Bloomberg and WSJ, dear reader. Will the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives become the investment insight resource of the year?