I may post here relevant (in my opinion), and not necessarily recent, quotes. Rather than analyzing specific investments, I will attempt to focus on investors' sentiment regarding broader asset classes and/or specific securities. These will be my thoughts/reactions/questions, and they are not and should not be taken as investment advice.

About me

In particular, I am interested in investors' sentiment and valuation levels. Disclaimer: I work at an Investment Management firm. My comments on this site are not posted in that role, and no opinions of mine should be construed to be recommendations of or to reflect the views of my employer.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Market Sentiment

"Stocks in U.S. Decline... Spreading European Fiscal Deficit Crisis... Economic Rebound in U.S. Seen Slowing Most Since 2002..."
via Bloomberg

And to the quote of the day:

“People are trying to protect themselves and they are willing to overpay for it... Bearishness is high. The best time to buy stocks is when the level of bearishness is at a peak.”
Byron Wien via Bloomberg